Anyone here ever messed with a Laser Harp?

Reaction score
Now that would be an excellent party piece! Certainly looks better than it sounds though... ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not impressed.

It's much more a game controller or a karaoke machine like guitar hero than a real instrument. It uses pre-canned tunes and specialized software to basically make harmonically palatable noises with your hand gestures while the canned music plays in the background.

Now if someone would sell a REAL laser harp for $299 I'd be a happy camper. Realistically speaking I think the price point is way too high on laser harps. Going by the basic hardware requirements of a dozen or two laser diodes and small basic microcontroller board and software, I'd believe if they ramped up production the Chinese could manufacture them for under $200. :p

And I think Kromalaser has the best implementation so far with different colored lasers for the black and white keys.

Ask a Question