Anyone using Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter?

Reaction score
I came here seeking help for my situation from some MIDI experts. If I should not be asking for help here then please disregard/delete my thread with my apologies, thanks.

I have a lexicon mx200 effects machine:

and would like to trigger the effects from my iphone. I came across this in my research:

item--YAMMDBT01

but would need some help with the setup since I have no experience with midi. If not here can someone please refer me to any forum where I might get help for this? Thanks.

Reaction score
This isn't helpful (yet), but I mentioned this interface in a post I am about to share here, about comparing interfaces.

Reaction score
This is probably way too late to be useful but I just saw this as I only joined here recently. I bought one of these to use with some guitar gear, but I just started using this with a keyboard to connect to my iPad for use with keyboard tutorial programs. When using it with a Mac or an iPad, there really isn't much to setting it up, you just have to connect to it on your devices bluetooth. In use it works well enough but it does have a little bit of latency. Not terrible but not ideal either.

Roland just came out with a similar product, model "WM-1". It is supposedly lower latency. I also found a few products made by CME, a "WIWI Master" and a "WIDI Jack". They are also supposed to be low latency (3 ms). Is anyone familiar with CME here?

I'm tempted to update from the Yamaha unit to one of those just for the lower latency.

Ask a Question