Apps for lyrics and chord charts

Reaction score
Hey guys:

What music PDF reader (NOT adobe reader !!) do you folks use for your music if you are a beginner like me that cant remember both lyrics and chords?
I know the top rated ones are iOS only : ForScore and Piascore.
ive been using Piascore but been talking to folks on other forums and are recommended strongly ForScore over it. So im wondering for 30$C vs 0$ what the upgrade is worth.
My only quirk is i have to stop and stroll with finger because Apple Pencil automatically draws on Piascore. Which its hard to enough holding the mic with one hand and playing with the other.

Reaction score
Checkout On Song Pro.

A Bluetooth footswitch can be setup to advance pages.

Whilst you are on a spending spree a cantilever or goose neck mike stand will free up your left hand.

1D64D084-B4F7-4403-8AB1-D9CDBDF57DC5.jpeg

Reaction score
Biggie,

Thanks I’ve downloaded the freebie to check it out. Eek.... I’m thinking it’s a no cuz in my country apple store wants 49.99$ + taxes for it.

As for mic stands, It’s in the studio and I’m already carrying more gear than anyone else. Just need to make one of the other guys give me theirs if they want me singing on some songs lol

Reaction score
There are flexible goose neck mike stands that bolt onto your keyboard stand via their inbuilt G clamp.

Amazon is your friend to see what I mean

Reaction score
Gary, considering you are from Ontario, you keep giving me the American Amazon site lol

Reaction score
There are flexible goose neck mike stands that bolt onto your keyboard stand via their inbuilt G clamp.

Amazon is your friend to see what I mean
Yes I have one of those for my GoPro that I use on my portable stand. Yes Amazon and Long&McQuade (in my everything is open business as usual so I’m lucky). Thank goodness studios are are still open too!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
90% of the people on this board are from every latitude and longtitude on the globe.

Your avatar tells me nothing about where you are located.

For simplicity's sake everytime I post a link publicly I post the American site because American Prices are a de facto world standard.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gary, I dont come here enough to fix up my profile...guess i should do that now :)

BTW, ive been looking at OnSong free version and i like how i can use apple pencil to scroll and move around without it automatically drawing. The free version allows import from popular cloud services like OneDrive etc up to 30 sheets.
However, the almost 50$C Im not sure I have the willingness to spend on it for now -- better off buying me a mic stand :)

I can recommend Piascore as a solid FREE app but it is limited to iPAD only. It will allow unlimited (by your hardware storage) upload of your PDFs and you can organize into set lists and annotate on top of your music. I just found that if you use your pencil as a stylus it draws as opposed to scroll.
I use it less for sheet music but more for lyrics and placement of keyboard parts so it works for me.

Reaction score
I've tried several apps and the one I like best is Guitar Songs. It's not sheet music, just Lead Sheets. It comes with a huge library of songs from users around the world.

It's east to cut and paste your own lyrics and chords into it and create playlists. It's also easy to backup and restore all of your data of other devices.

There's a version for both Android and IOS....and it's free.

Check it out.

Ask a Question