Arpeggio trouble with Yamaha S90ES

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here so please forgive the potentially stupid question.

I've played the piano for many years and recently bought a S90ES for stage performances. It works great and I'm really happy with it. The only thing is that I can't get it to play arpeggios - in the manual it says "Press the arpeggio button" -> "Play a note to trigger arpeggio playback". When I do so nothing happens. Does anyone no why this could be? It's got so many buttons I don't understand half of it.

Would appreciate any help you can give, cheers

Reaction score
Hmm... the 90ES should have the exact same layout as the MotifES/MO.

So after you press the "Arpeggio button", and it lights up - you really should
hear the arpeggio run immediately after you press a key/chord.

Also, the upper function keys assign which arpeggio is playing 1-5.

Try changing the arpeggio. If that doesn't work - do a factory reset of the keyboard
(but save user data first)

Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I've done everything according to the manual and your instructions so it really should work unless there's some (and surely there must be, with all those buttons) setting which controls the arp function which is disabled. Hmm.

Oh, and I bought it used.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I've done everything according to the manual and your instructions so it really should work unless there's some (and surely there must be, with all those buttons) setting which controls the arp function which is disabled. Hmm.

Oh, and I bought it used.
Hi! Now this was a while ago but if you still have a problem with that be sure that your Arpeggio settings are ok in the Utility mode and also still in Utility , go to the midi settings and make sure your keyboard sync is set to internal clock!

Ask a Question