Arranger keyboard recommendations

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a songwriter, and I want to improve my work rate in terms of getting songs recorded for demo (I'm far too slow with my present gear). So I'm thinking about one of these "arranger" keyboards that you can actually record on, and with the facility of being able to "drop in" to fix miss-played parts (my first instrument is guitar, not keyboard, though I do have quite a good feel for piano).

I'd need to have decent drums, bass, piano, organ and string sounds (I'm "old school", so I don't need fancy synth sounds, etc). If it was really necessary, I'd be prepared to go up to around the £3,000 mark -- but hopefully I wouldn't have to go that high for my purpose, which is to quickly produce some professional and musical backing tracks.

Finally, I do really like the feel of a weighted, piano-like action -- so ideally I'm looking for at least a semi-weighted action.

Any advice/recommendations greatly appreciated!

Ask a Question