Arturia key lab mk2 or..........?

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im looking at the arturia key lab mk2 which comes with bundled software but doesn’t include software to cover orchestral/brass /strings or woodwind instruments. Any ideas how i can achieve this with other software, which is recommended by others and is not an extortionate price?

I need to be able to write some music, must be 88 key board and i like the ableton lite bundle with Arturia.

Budget £1k all in.

Reaction score
Welcome

The Arturia should come with some software including Analogue Lab which I liked.

Additionally there do their V collection so that is another to checkout.

Native Instruments produce their Komplete Kontrol S 88 keyboard (my favourite action of any controller that I have tried.

Now Native have a vast array of software available which you may like to checkout.

Another software company worth researching is Spectrasonics.

If you have an iPad there are some good Apps, like Music Studio which is a mini DAW as well has having a library of orchestral sounds.

OR

You could spend £1k on a keyboard like a Korg PA700/Kross 2/ Krome or a Yamaha MODX or a Roland Juno DS/FA and have everything in one box, some even have inbuilt 16 track MIDI recorders. Combinations of sounds can be layered easily to produce the sound profiles you probably will require.

Ask a Question