ASIO

Reaction score
I want ASIO because latency makes recording MIDI impossible especially when adding a track.
ASIO causes my computer to go to a blue screen crash and I have to start my computer.
The problem happens under Windows 7 and Windows 10.
It happens with Sonar X3a 64-bit, Cubase, Magix, and Acid Music Studio.
It happens on two different hard drives.
When I run BlueWave.Interop.Asio.Test it stops working and Windows will notify you if a solution is available.
I can only wonder if it is the processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270 Processor 3.49 GHz
A web search shows that quite a few other people have the same problem with no solution.
My only solution is to use an external synth. (a Roland JV-1010). There is no latency but I can not use VSTs which I would like very much.
I am considering a MIDI work station but I know nothing about them except that they are quite expensive. Do they use VSTs?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know about MIDI workstations, but what are you using for ASIO? Do you have an ASIO sound card? If so, have you checked to see if there are any updated drivers for it? Have you tried ASIO4ALL? It isn't "real" ASIO, but it does a pretty good imitation.

Ask a Question