Asking about the audio recording in CTK7000

Reaction score
Could you pls have a look at this audio recording function of this Casio CTC7000 keyboard?

According to Casio, you can plug in your instrument, a microphone for vocal and of course, you can play your keyboard. Everything will be recorded as a digital audio file to a memory card. Then you can insert the card into a computer, copy and email it.

This Casio is sold in England for about £300. At this price range, is this a very good keyboard?

I would like to make a simple demo, so was wondering if this keyboard is good enough.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Please see

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/ctk-7000-a-few-months-on.23184/

This demo below, I actually diddn't user the onboard recorder - but the quality would be similar (I used Kristal Studio on my laptop throu a audio-usb converter)

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/ctk-7000-demo.23543/#post-160588

The audio recording creates a .wav file - you'll likely need to compress it with a another software once copied to a computer to make it a mp3, or it is too big to email.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Dear The Y_man, your answer is very helpful. I'm looking for a keyboard which can help with songwriting and simple recording. So far, the CTK7000 seems a very good candidate; however, I am not sure about everything yet. So it is really helpful to look at your links.

Reaction score
Hi YeahDoIt, yes, I am rather familiar with Audacity, Cool Edit Pro, Mixcraft and a notation software called Finale. I have written songs in Finale, saved it as a midi file and played around in Mixcraft.

However, even though I play piano, I have never connected a real keyboard to the computer. That is why I was not sure.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Yikes! I just played around with the audio recorder - not liking it at all. It might be the low speed SD card I am using - but the recording has "dropouts" and noticeable "glitches" when actually recording....!! :(

The Y-man

Ask a Question