Assign a midi channel to M-Audio Code 61 buttons

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently looking for a solution to assign a channel to a button on my M-Audio Code 61 keyboard controller.

My use case:
I have a Korg Kronos keyboard with many combis in my set list.
In some combis, I assign a channel to different sampled virtual instruments to be played on an M-Audio Code 61 keyboard controller.
Although in my controller I am successful in changing channels (virtual instruments) using the up/down in my controller, this is not too practical when having to switch between 2, 3 different sounds (channels) in one song in relatively quick successions.

In the M-Audio Code 61 manual, I did see instructions where it apparently explains how to do this directly on the controller, but which I am not able to make it function as I intend. No button gets a channel assigned. Below are the instructions I followed:

m-audio_channelassign.JPG

I also found another explanation to create presets using the controller editor software, but that didn’t seem to have worked for me either, or maybe I am doing something wrong. Below are the instructions in the M-Audio Code 61 preset manual:

preset_midichnbuttons-1.JPG

preset_midichnbuttons-2.JPG

Does any one know of a possible solution for my use case?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently looking for a solution to assign a channel to a button on my M-Audio Code 61 keyboard controller.

My use case:
I have a Korg Kronos keyboard with many combis in my set list.
In some combis, I assign a channel to different sampled virtual instruments to be played on an M-Audio Code 61 keyboard controller.
Although in my controller I am successful in changing channels (virtual instruments) using the up/down in my controller, this is not too practical when having to switch between 2, 3 different sounds (channels) in one song in relatively quick successions.

In the M-Audio Code 61 manual, I did see instructions where it apparently explains how to do this directly on the controller, but which I am not able to make it function as I intend. No button gets a channel assigned. Below are the instructions I followed:

View attachment 2797

I also found another explanation to create presets using the controller editor software, but that didn’t seem to have worked for me either, or maybe I am doing something wrong. Below are the instructions in the M-Audio Code 61 preset manual:

View attachment 2798
View attachment 2799

Does any one know of a possible solution for my use case?

Thanks
I use my Code 61 to control a Voce V5+. The upper manual is assigned ch3, lower manual ch4. With the 9 sliders I can control either upper or lower drawbars independently by assigning the sliders via the bank #. So for bank 1 (screen will show A1) the sliders are assigned to channel 3 and each slider is assigned to to a corresponding CC to control the 9 drawbars relative to the upper manual (all on channel 3). To control the lower manual drawbars via the same 9 sliders I moved to bank #2 (screen will show A2) then assign the 9 sliders to Channel 4 and the corresponding CC's to control the lower manual drawbars. So using the bank button I was able to take the same 9 sliders and assign the midi channel and CC#'s of each slider differently on bank 2 vs. bank 1. The bank buttons are just to the right of the F9 slider. You should be able to do the same thing with a button, knob, pad or encoder once you press the bank button. So you would 'flip' between channel assignments of a button by using the bank right or bank left button. These assignments are done within the same preset of the Code 61.

Picture of how I did it in the editor:

Bank 1 engaged: all 9 sliders assigned to channel 3 and consecutively CC#12-20

1651524847168.png

Bank 2 engaged: all 9 sliders assigned to channel 4 and consecutively CC#21-29

1651524898351.png

Ask a Question