Audio record on Casio 7200

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've purchased a Casio CTK 7200 I really like it. I'm new to all this recording stuff, and I'm liking that too! I'm trying to record vocals whilst playing. I've got the mic in correctly but when I play back it's only keys recorded. When I press audio record, an error message "error format" comes up. What does this mean and I'm assuming in need this to record vocals.

Thanks!
#NewAtThis

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
For audio recording you have to use a flash media card to store the song on.

Also, the card has to be formatted with the onboard formatting utility on your keyboard before it can be used.

Once you've formatted the card according to the manufacturer's instructions you should be able to record on it.

I believe the CTK can use SD cards up to 32 Gigabytes in size.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
For audio recording you have to use a flash media card to store the song on.

Also, the card has to be formatted with the onboard formatting utility on your keyboard before it can be used.

Once you've formatted the card according to the manufacturer's instructions you should be able to record on it.

I believe the CTK can use SD cards up to 32 Gigabytes in size.

Gary ;)
Thank you!

How do i format it on the keyboard or my laptop?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Don't format it on your laptop. Format it in the keyboard using the menus.

I don't have the manual handy so you'll have to look up the section in your Casio Manual describing how to use and format an SD card.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Don't format it on your laptop. Format it in the keyboard using the menus.

I don't have the manual handy so you'll have to look up the section in your Casio Manual describing how to use and format an SD card.

Gary ;)
Thanks! I found it in the manual and tried to format but seems to be an error with my sd card. I stole it out or my camera I've bought a new one. Should be easy enough to do once it gets here. I'll let you know. Thank you so much for your time

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Some SD cards come loaded up with a hidden partition full of crapware that has to be removed first.

For this you need partitioning software to go in and remove all the partitions including the hidden ones, THEN format the entire card as FAT32, and THEN format the card on the keyboard.

Sorry to make this difficult for you but blame the manfuacturers for loading up the cards with windows-centric crapware :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Some SD cards come loaded up with a hidden partition full of crapware that has to be removed first.

For this you need partitioning software to go in and remove all the partitions including the hidden ones, THEN format the entire card as FAT32, and THEN format the card on the keyboard.

Sorry to make this difficult for you but blame the manfuacturers for loading up the cards with windows-centric crapware :p

Gary ;)

Oh dear!! Deep joy! Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There are also freeware decrapifier programs available on the web. Some are available directly from the card manufacturers but others are third party adware that I wouldn't trust with a ten foot pole.

If your card is a Sandisk, then Sandisk does offer a freeware utility on its site that will only work with their cards, but it will clean off the crapware for you.

Check with other manufacturers if your card is a different brand.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
There are also freeware decrapifier programs available on the web. Some are available directly from the card manufacturers but others are third party adware that I wouldn't trust with a ten foot pole.

If your card is a Sandisk, then Sandisk does offer a freeware utility on its site that will only work with their cards, but it will clean off the crapware for you.

Check with other manufacturers if your card is a different brand.

Gary ;)

Yes it's a scandisk! Thanks I'll give it a try! You've been very helpful. Thank you!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Alas I don't own a 7200.

It may not even be capable of routing microphone audio to the SD card. Check your manual carefully and see if there are any special audio settings in the keyboard for activating microphone input.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Alas I don't own a 7200.

It may not even be capable of routing microphone audio to the SD card. Check your manual carefully and see if there are any special audio settings in the keyboard for activating microphone input.

Gary ;)
I did it!!! If there's a will there's a way!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Please tell us all exactly HOW you did it so the next person with this question won't have to hunt you down.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Please tell us all exactly HOW you did it so the next person with this question won't have to hunt you down.

Gary ;)
Ok. I pressed audio record, it flashes red, so I press it again (i didn't do this before) and it asked me to overwrite, I hit yes, it asks me to please wait then the audio record went a solid red. Time to record! Thanks for you help...

Ask a Question