Auto Accompaniment Yahama

Reaction score
I've got an entry level Yahama PSR Keyboard that has an "auto accompaniment" feature. I use it on some live performances. I'm wanting to get a better keyboard with an option for accompaniment (bass drums ect.) that is modifiable/programmable. The PSR has very limited options and the accompanimnet styles are not user programmable. I'm looking at the Yahama MM6 and the Korg MicroStation. Do either of these keyboards have a function similar to the auto accompaniment on the entry level Yamaha's that's more geared to live performances and user definable? Are there other/ better options for music backing in the $500-$800 price range?

Reaction score
Ah, here's my chance to act just like every Yamaha owner that's ever lived.

Get most any of the latest Casio keyboards for the last couple of years. They allow you to edit all the accompaniment chords and percussion-instrument rhythm patterns, in the keyboard, or externally with their management/editing software that they give for free. Plus there's 503 more accompaniment patterns that you can download for free from their support sites to edit as you like. Or design your own, as many as you want, from scratch. It's not going to cost you no $500-$800 either. More like $150-$300.

Cheaper if you buy used. If you can find any of the newer models being sold as used with these features, that is. The last couple years' models are being held onto because people know how good they are. I've been keeping an eye on ebay just out of curiosity. Trying to get a CTK-4000 or 5000 being sold as used, for example, is near impossible. And if you do find one being sold as used, they get bid much higher than their original selling prices.

Reaction score
Tenortim
My Tyros 2 has plenty of editing options and it's FOR SALE £500 or near offer.

Yamaha Tyros 2 Mint Condition. Home used only None smoker. Always kept covered.

Fitted internal HD Memory with hundreds extra Styles & Registrations. No Speakers.
Fully working. No faults. Original box & clean Manuals. Possible best used example.
Make a great backup keyboard.

I may regret selling but moving to Korg for a change.

Buyer collects to ensure happy with purchase. Lincoln UK

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Tenortim
My Tyros 2 has plenty of editing options and it's FOR SALE £500 or near offer.

Yamaha Tyros 2 Mint Condition. Home used only None smoker. Always kept covered.

Fitted internal HD Memory with hundreds extra Styles & Registrations. No Speakers.
Fully working. No faults. Original box & clean Manuals. Possible best used example.
Make a great backup keyboard.

I may regret selling but moving to Korg for a change.

Buyer collects to ensure happy with purchase. Lincoln UK

You're posts are getting a bit spammy.

One classified ad per item is sufficient.

This is not a swap meet.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
He posted two ads for the same keyboard on the forums this morning.

I don't need to be reminded every three hours he's selling an arranger. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Easily happens Graham.

When I come onto the forum I just click the New Posts, then read through them, its the easiest way.

Also if you hover over a members name in a thread post the date when they last visited the forum pops up hence it is a guide to if it is useful or otherwise to write a post on the thread.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you're eager to sell your Yamaha, you might try posting a for-sale ad in a forum that's specifically dedicated to Yamaha users, such as the PSR Tutorial Forums, or The Yamaha Keyboard Forum. But do stick around here to discuss your new Korg! :)

Reaction score
SeaGtGruff . Yes, thank you, I'll delete For Sale from this forum. It's already on PSRTutorial but I appreciate your reply.
All forums have the odd none polite member but as the saying goes...THEY WALK AMONG US.

Ask a Question