AUTO accompaniment

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a Yamaha PSR 1500, and when I am playing with my band, all of a sudden the auto accompaniment come on out of the blue. The instruments I chose have suddenly been changed and then I am going into a mambo instead of playing a Town Called Malice. This had happened before, quite sometime ago, but all of a sudden happens a lot in rehearsal. Can anyone help me with this. All the best.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

It's difficult to say whether there's some sort of mechanical problem with the panel controls that causes a button to suddenly register as having been pressed, or some sort of issue with the circuitry or motherboard. That is an old model, and parts do start to wear out after long years of use.

Have you tried opening up the case and giving the insides a thorough cleaning? Sometimes dust can cause a lot of problems. You could also try running the self-diagnostic tests to see if anything comes back with a bad result. You can find the service manual here:

Ask a Question