auto accompanying sounds

Reaction score
I have the casio 6200, and the first 12 sections of the arpeggio feature are for auto accompanying a tone,I quite liked the sound of tones that were played as a duet, but found that you had to have a preset playing alongside for this to work, this is what the instruction book said, but there is a way round this,first you go to the rhythm editor, pick any rhythm, and switch all the sections to "off",thats right every bit off,now save this in the user section, now when you just want to play a dueted tone with no backing, you select this silent rhythm you have created.

Reaction score
after much indecision I have just purchased a ctk 7200 it was a close call between that and a roland bk-3 but after trying one in my music shop and being impressed I got the 7200 so I enjoy playing but a bit of a technophobe so I may be asking you a few questions when I get it at Christmas ! , how are you finding the keyboard as I gather yours is pretty much the same apart from the organ bit , I was concerned about the quality of the keys but they seemed fine to me and I have got the back up of my local shop if I do have any issues

Reaction score
A very good machine,I still have,nt quite got to grips wiyh some of the features, like the sequencer, what you may find is that on a very few of the tones, notably the organ sounds, some adjacent keys sound slightly different to one another, I thought this may be a fault, but on reading the book, this is apparently a "design limitation" not really that noticable just to let you know regards, Jon.

Reaction score
well if you hadn't had said anything...... but thanks for pointing that out now I will be listening for something i wouldn't have been before :) i think sometimes the more you look at something the bigger it gets

Reaction score
well I have the organ function with slidebars on this so hopefully will be ok , one of the main reasons I chose this keyboard was for better articulations and the style of keys seem to lend itself more to that , another model I quite liked was the korg pa 300 but the ctk has most of the same features if not maybe as high tech and the korg is more expensive and it was the piano style keys that I liked as I do like playing a bit of two handed piano style and the piano sound blew me away when I tried it in store

Ask a Question