autoplay? sequencer? play one note and there is the band

Reaction score
I have Cubase 5 and an M-Audio 88key USB controller, I am trying to find a patch simular to one I played on a Kurzweil. If you press one key it was like a whole band was playing, the bass line would arpeggiate with very cool bass lines, drums would play, and when you change the bass note the band would follow suit.
I already bought a nice piano and organ sound (the Grand, B4)
What is that called? What brand/patch would do that? Is it something that might already be contained in the Cubase 5 VST’s?
Thanks

Reaction score
Here is a list of what I've found:
One Man Band, Live Styler, Band in a box, Real Band, Riff Works.
Link

Reaction score
that's not exactly what I'm looking for. It's more like a keyboard patch with arpeggiation. Thanks I will look into your suggestion though.

Reaction score
Oh, I still don't understand what you mean. Arpeggiator can play only 1 tone. Since you said that you want drums, bass and etc I thought that you are looking for an auto accompaniment.

Reaction score
it was patch on a keyboard I've played before (Kerzweil) You play 1 key and the accompanyment would start with all the band, a very modern version of the old organs I remember as a kid. with one note on the left hand or may be a couple (I forget). Drums, bass and a rhythm instrument would play and then you could play melody with the right hand.

Reaction score
So this is auto accompaniment you're talking about. The software I mentioned in the 1st reply will do this. One Man Band is the most popular, you can load yamaha psr styles on to it, and the latest software supports VST, and I think you can load virtual instruments via VST.

Reaction score
That feature on the Kurzweil is similar to the "performance" mode on the Yamaha Motif. These are performance set-ups that are custom created in those instruments.
However, you can create similar accompanyments using Band In A box, One Man Band etc. Otherwise you'd have to buy a Kurz or Motif to take advantage of their custom programming. Don

Ask a Question