Avicii - You Make Me - A Keyboard Accompaniment by Rajarshi Kar

Reaction score
Hi everybody.
I made this cover and initially uploaded to youtube but was restricted due to copyright related issues.Then I filed a complaint but nothing happened so far....So decided to upload the same to vimeo under creative commons licence....They have allowed the video.Luckily....

I hope you will like it...Leave some comments/reviews....

One thing I would like to say is that,I have played on an mp3 track.......So the entire instrumentation was already there and I have played the backing parts on top of all that was there in that mp3 file.So it might seem that I haven't played anything at all....but such is not the case to be truthful......

Thanks , for your time and patience.....

the link

Reaction score
Good work! :) I'm impressed at how little you look down at your hands - if it were me, I'd be looking down all the time!

Reaction score
Good work! :) I'm impressed at how little you look down at your hands - if it were me, I'd be looking down all the time!
@Becky I really appreciate your compliment regarding my keyboard skills....and thank you for that.....

After initial restrictions imposed by youtube ,which is still in force as of this day,I decided to upload the footage to vimeo and dailymotion.....these sites have allowed unrestricted viewing......It is very nice to see that as many as 87 people have seen the video after 24 hours of uploading and writing about the same in this forum's thread.....

I would also like to make note of the point regarding playing the keyboard without having to look at the keys/hands quite so often.....Well I admit that I had to look at it sometimes though....But I remember that in the past I had a tutor who could play the entire piece without having to see the keys/hands or any lead sheets....I was a beginner back then in 2005 and I asked him why he needed not to look at the keyboard.....I was pleasantly surprised when he remarked that one should always make an endeavour to play from his or her heart......He was all along looking into his heart with his eyes of creativity/imagination while he played on the keyboard(although by then he had been a professional keyboardist for 13 years ).He stressed on the idea to do away with the dependency on sheet music containing staff notations to be placed in front of the eyes of the player ,each and every time and that the mind should guide the fingers to their destination keys without having to follow them with eyes.....that was perhaps a great suggestion I ever received from any one.....might as well be an anti thesis of how classical pianists are trained....that being said,this has been my approach so far.

Looking forward to make more keyboard videos and notify about those uploads in this forum, in future.

Lastly, I can not but help convey my deep sense of gratitude to all the viewers and the team behind the keyboardforums and admin Becky,who have all contributed towards making this site a really wonderful place.

Regards:
Rajarshi Kar from India
dated:Kolkata,In the year 2015 ,The 13th day of September.

the dailymotion link is here under

Last edited:

Ask a Question