Awesome guitar vst for keyboards

Reaction score
I'd like to present the Musiclab RealEight.
It is a software vst 8-string guitar emulation, let me guess... does it Djent? you bet it does! check this out

Reaction score
Hmmm, I think I still prefer Impact Soundworks Shreddage. But it's hard to know without trying them side-by-side with the same amp models and hearing them in the box without hearing the room. The attack feels kind of unnatural here, like they recorded the distortion directly into the sample (eek). It's missing that juicy "ShChunk" you get with real palm mutes.

If you haven't, try out Shreddage with a good amp model. I love the palm mute mapping, low velocity is more muting, so you can really play accents like you would a really chuggy metal guitar line. The guitar they sampled is a 7-string (MusicMan JPM), but they detuned it all the way down to a G or F, so it's basically like an 8-string.

https://impactsoundworks.com/product/shreddage-ii-absolute-electric-guitar/
Take a listen to the "Shredjent" demo track. The one after that is pretty amazing too.

Shreddage is just so fun to play!

Last edited:

Ask a Question