Back up pitch change in Piaggero keyboards

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I need to buy a keyboard that can be tuned to 442 Hz and I'd like to know if Piaggero keyboards "remember" a change of pitch after being powered off.

Today I was about to buy a used Piaggero NP11 when I realized it doesn't (it reverts to default 440 Hz). Is this correct?
The user manual of the NP12/32 says it remembers changes, but that of NP11/31 says nothing.

Also, does sound quality significantly deteriorates when changing the pitch by 2 Hz ? I couldn't tell in my brief trial but I'm no keyboard player.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Today I was about to buy a used Piaggero NP11 when I realized it doesn't (it reverts to default 440 Hz). Is this correct?
I don't know the answer to this question (as you pointed out, the manual is silent on this matter) however there's an easy way to find out. Try it on the keyboard before you purchase.

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to this question (as you pointed out, the manual is silent on this matter) however there's an easy way to find out. Try it on the keyboard before you purchase.

That's what I did with the NP11: when I switched it off and back on, it reverted to 440Hz. However I had limited time to test the keyboard, and I'm new to keyboards. What I'm wondering is if there's a way (such as a key combination) to make it "remember", even if it's not in the manual.

If not, it seems like a glaring omission, I think many people (esp. in Europe) would like to play at 442 Hz or some other tuning without having to retune each time.

Reaction score
After having looked at the manual the method of operation, that is defaulting to 440Hz, is how it is configured and the manual does not indicate that adjustments are retained after powering down.

As you know the NP12/32 does what you want, at least the manual says it does, the answer is to test out one of these and buy one if it works as you want it too.

Reaction score
That's what I did with the NP11: when I switched it off and back on, it reverted to 440Hz. However I had limited time to test the keyboard, and I'm new to keyboards. What I'm wondering is if there's a way (such as a key combination) to make it "remember", even if it's not in the manual.
Seems unlikely.

Ask a Question