Backing up Roland RD-800 Live Sets

Reaction score
New member here with what I hope is a simple enough question - albeit one that Roland support haven’t been able to answer for me!

I’ve used my RD-800 for several years now and still very happy with it, but I’ve rather stupidly never backed up my live sets. I’ve fortunately not had any disasters, but I’ve now filled every slot and want to save all my band sets, so I can overwrite new live set patches.

Whilst I’m very clear about how I perform the backup, I’m unclear on a couple of key points and the user manual makes no mention of them:

1) What size USB stick is needed to save all 200 live sets - i.e., how much memory does it need?

2) Does the RD800 also allow me to back up the 200 sets to the ‘board’s internal memory? This means I would have them backed up on both internal memory and USB stick. That would seem to be an easier way of working, with quick access to saved sets in the internal memory and a memory stick backup for further security.

Hope someone can answer these questions for me and any help would be greatly appreciated. Roland Support seem to have no available knowledge on the basis that it’s now a discontinued product - even though it was their flagship stage piano until pretty recently!

Ask a Question