Bass for live playing PK-5 footpedals

Reaction score
I've been pondering this for a long time and need some new ideas to entertain concerning what to use as a sound source for my Roland PK-5 midi bass pedals. I play live with 2 keyboards and the pedals (organ style) and have been using a Korg 05R/W half rack module to get my bass sound, which is normally an acoustic bass sound. It's okay, and I've been using this setup for many years. But I'm getting a bit tired of the 1 or 2 bass sounds I can get from the Korg. Ideally I'd like to replace it with another half rack module but since they really don't make anything like that anymore I'm kind of stuck. I have the module on a small shelf that attaches to my keyboard rack, and it fits perfectly. I don't think I can get a full rack module to sit there, and I really only need a few good bass sounds. I picked up a used Yamaha MU-50 the other day hoping it might be a little better than the Korg, but since they re both 1994-1995 vintage they sound about the same. It takes me about an hour to get my keyboards all set up so I'm really looking for something that's easy to deal with. I have a nice laptop but I don't think that's the way to go. I think Alesis made a little bass module but the problem with that is I need to edit the sounds to get a little sustain for playing the pedals, so it needs to be a bit programable. Any ideas???? Thanks,

Reaction score
Hej, hej okdk,

I would propose to buy the new backing module BK-7m from Roland. There are lots of excellent bass sounds and also a lot of other very good sounds. Maybe that one of your two keyboards will become no longer necessary.

Ask a Question