Been gone for a month or so but,,

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
/me would prefer a chunk of cheese but is happy to see you back Joe :)

How did the move go?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks gents, move went well but, not to go on like an old lady, (I apologize to the older women on this forum) but, was having allot of pain in my groin, thought groin pull from the move, doc sad pretty bad arthritis in my right hip joint, for now pretty regular physical therapy.
But any who back at the keys and relaxing through, as my wife calls it, noise.

Reaction score
Ouch.

Its got to be said ..... we told you so.

We did say collectively get the removers in, moving is not a DIY job.

But you now know that, so consider yourself told off in the nicest way this Brit can.

I feel for you with the arthritis in your hip, we are Brothers in pain.

I have a shot at right hip and my finger joints are so arthritic they lock, playing keys is my own physical therapy way to keep my fingers mobile.

I am timing it so I get my hip replacement surgery in April next year and will be laid up not being able to drive or do much other than physical therapy for a couple of months.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
We all feel your pain at this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere.

I have a touch of arthritis myself when it gets cold feeling it mostly in the thumbs and feet but also a bit in my right hip.

I'm nowhere near requiring any surgical replacements but I find regular doses of Glucosamine with Chondroitin helps ease the stickiness in my tired old joints.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
My dr mentioned replacement of the hip joint. But, right now it just in the future. After PT completes if there is no improvement I head to an arthritis Dr and see what they say. Worst part about it I can walk with out much trouble but I walk with a limp. :)

Reaction score
Arthritis sucks.

Hope they get you sorted as best they can.

I find that the weather plays havoc with my joints, especially when there is a low pressure weather front nearby. Are you the same?

Presently I use a stick, otherwise its limp time. Its a simple action but its my right hip tht is the problem and my Orthopaedic Surgeon advised that I use a stick in my left hand and co-ordinate its use when weight is on my right leg, resultant effect no limp.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Looks like us old buggers are all suffering arthritis.
Mine is similar to Gary in the hips . . painful but no need for sticks (yet)
The knuckles are my worst enemy . . they really suffer. My fingers are now disformed.
Starting to feel it in the feet and shoulders now too.
Fish oil is s'posed to help. I take 1000 mg's (tablets) most days.

But I feel for you guys needing surgery. I wish you all the best.

regards
Ray

Ask a Question