Before reading this manual....

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is for anyone (especially beginners) who just got a brand new keyboard and are just 'diving straight in', with minimal reading of the manual.

1. Learn how to Stop All Sounds (panic button). It can happen, when after pushing random buttons, that your keyboard locks (crashes) and sounds like a car alarm going off. It happened to me with various models of keyboard, where the only other solution was to switch it off at the wall socket.

2. Learn how to return your keyboard to its' factory settings (like it sounded straight out of the box). Knowing how to *initialise* the keyboard can free you from the anxiety of accidentally deleting / changing any vital keyboard settings. With this new knowledge, you can carry on enjoying pushing buttons of your keyboard for the joy of doing.

Seasoned players are welcome to amend or supplement this list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another alternative would be to read the manual ....

Woweee! Never mind reading manuals, Delaware Dave: With your sweater and my hat and sunglasses, this drab old world has become beautiful all over again. :)

-------------

Here's a snippet of the manual of my new Casio synth, slightly undersized (in my opinion), so I printed out an A4 copy and had it bound at a local office supply shop. Humbly suggest that Casio would refrain from using those little black circles with faint numerals - hard to read unless with twenty-twenty vision. RTFM.JPG
RTFM.JPG

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I fully agree Casio manuals suck the horse's patootie. :p

Over the years having printed out umpty gazillion manuals I've learned to be fully equipped and frugal.

Hence I bought a duplexing laser printer and a comb binder so I have the equivalent of an entire print shop in my home for under $350. ;)

My Kurzweil alone came with almost a thousand pages of documentation which I printed myself and bound neatly for under $10. :D

As for the Casio manuals? I believe they are originally written in Japanese, then translated into Hindi, then Swahili, then Chinese and THEN into English :D :D :D

Gary

Reaction score
I fully agree Casio manuals suck the horse's patootie. :p

Over the years having printed out umpty gazillion manuals I've learned to be fully equipped and frugal.

Hence I bought a duplexing laser printer and a comb binder so I have the equivalent of an entire print shop in my home for under $350. ;)

My Kurzweil alone came with almost a thousand pages of documentation which I printed myself and bound neatly for under $10. :D

As for the Casio manuals? I believe they are originally written in Japanese, then translated into Hindi, then Swahili, then Chinese and THEN into English :D :D :D

Gary

Cheers for getting back, Gary,

That duplex printer of yours must be handy. Me, I make do with printing all the odd number pages, then feeding them back in for diy duplex. But only in batches of ten at a time, and make sure to stay near the printer.

Expensive lesson learned when I loaded in an entire batch of odd number pages then went for a cup of tea. You guessed it: halfway through the reverse page print job, my printer decided to pick up two pages instead of one. Whoops!

A Kurzweil synth manual close to a 1,000 pages! Surely a record? Thanks but no thanks to that one.

At the other end of the spectrum, a little Korg Kaossilator comes with a five-page pamphlet. Thankfully it's an intuitive device. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The actual Kurzweil synth manual is about 600 pages. It's the supplemental documentation that brings it to 1000. ;)

Gary

BTW, I like your avatar. A very handsome vegetable indeedy :D :D :D

Ask a Question