[Beginner Q] How to use effect pedals with beginner keyboard

Reaction score
Recently Ive come across several text based blogs talking about using guitar effect pedals with synths and best ones to use. Im quite curious about this..
However I cannot for the life of me find anyting in my searches (in english) how to connect pedals to an actual keyboard. Anyone use this and would know? Ive got a line IN plug on my arranger and two AUX OUT plugs on another rig ...does that work? or do I have to route everything through a little pre-amp mixer?

all the articles talk abourt analog synth rigs, is this to assume to anything else (arrangers, digital or stage pianos) would not be compatible?

Does anyone use effect pedals and what are your thoughts?

Reaction score
I had a keyboard output connected to my Boss GT 100 multi fx all in one guitar pedal board as a test.

The GT 100 was then connected to my Mixer and then the Mixer outputs connected to my Monitor Speakers.

It worked just fine

Do remember that guitar pedals are mono.

Tried it also with single pedals and the guitar Looper that I had and again they worked just fine.

Do not connect your keyboard output to a guitar pedal and then feed the pedal’s output back into your keyboard as that could lead to a feedback loop and damage to your keyboard.

Reaction score
Hi Biggles, was hoping to get a response from you so thank you.
I already use a little mixer as the PA we have only has one channel per person and I’m hogging up more than one. So I’m assuming that the output just goes into one of the channels on the mixer. Although I have a stereo a BOSS Reverb which I’m using for guitar, I don’t use stereo as it so that doesn’t matter. But I think certain older pedals can distort so lower volume levels are better. Could be fun to tinker on a cheap keyboard just to see what else I can do with it.

Thanks again and have a lovely Hallow-weekend.

I had a keyboard output connected to my Boss GT 100 multi fx all in one guitar pedal board as a test.

The GT 100 was then connected to my Mixer and then the Mixer outputs connected to my Monitor Speakers.

It worked just fine

Do remember that guitar pedals are mono.

Tried it also with single pedals and the guitar Looper that I had and again they worked just fine.

Do not connect your keyboard output to a guitar pedal and then feed the pedal’s output back into your keyboard as that could lead to a feedback loop and damage to your keyboard.

Reaction score
Do turn the volume to zero on the keyboard and gradually increase it bit by bit once connected to a pedal to ensure you do not overload the pedal.

Ask a Question