Best keyboard for music teacher

Reaction score
Hello
I'm currently in search of a keyboard, new or used...
I need a keyboard because i'm starting to give piano lessons to beginners (0 to 3 years experience), and I will be carrying it a lot to play in a worship band, where I need an authentic piano sound, and (if possible) some pad sounds or at least good electronic piano sounds.
I want something serious, not a toy: I'm not necessarily looking for weighted notes, but in the least something that feels solid.
My budget is.. around 500$ max.
I wondered if you had some models that came to mind, according to my needs.
Thanks in advance
Nate

The Y_man

Reaction score
I bought my Casio CTK in that price range - I have to cart my unit to the Chruch 3 times a week - it's quite light.

I found for the same price, it had more features I wanted (namely polyphony, user patches etc) than a Yamaha in the same price range.

In any case though, try out say a Casio CTK-6000 or CTK-7000 and compare with a Yamaha PSR-E423 (cheaper).

If you need a 76 key unit (harder to carry around) then have a look at a Casio WK6500 or a Yamaha DGX-230.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Reaction score
I agree with The Y-Man, a toprange Casio gives you the best pos in your budget. It does A LOT more than you've mentioned and than other brandnames in the same pricerange do. Some piano's, 'accoustic' and electronic, saxophones, guitars and Hammondsounds are really good!! The onboard speakers however are to my taste a bit thin in sound. Using an amplifier or powered speakers makes a great difference. (So does it to other brandnames as well!)
Whatever you choose, use good headphones to judge the sounds.
Good luck and happy hunting.

Ask a Question