Best keyboard to replace a yamaha psr 1000

Zon

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using a yamaha psr 1000 for the past 15 years, and it has served me well. A few parts of it are damaged and no spare parts available in the place where I'm from.
So I'm looking for a new keyboard to replace it with now. Naturally I'm inclined towards buying a yamaha keyboard.
I've been looking at options and found the psr s650 to be a decent option so far.
Need help to know if this is a good option to replace the psr 1000 with. I don't play the keyboard professionally, but do record songs and perform on stage once in a while. Would be great if I could get some advice.
thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I came from a PSR2000, as you know the slightly bigger sister of your keyboard and bought the PSR S950 when it came on the market. A SUPER keyboard! But yes... money... The S650 is a very decent keyboard but has of course limitations as it is the lowest in rank of the latest Yamaha arranger keyboards. So think twice I would advice.
If you can budget it I would have a good look at the A2000 or even the S750 let alone the S950, the highest in the midrange under the flagships but forbidden expensive Tyros series.
A plus if you stay with Yamaha is that the routine using the build-in software has improved but not much of the action has changed so you don't need to learn a whole new routine with another brand. You will recognize much is the same (but better) as on your PSR1000. However, if money is limited, the sound of the S650 is amazing, So you can't really go wrong.
Happy hunting so to speak.

Dick

Reaction score
Congrats! You will learn to really love it. Play a bit with the equalizers, makes a world of difference. And pay a visit to PSRTUTORIAL.COM by far the best dedicated and wonderful forum for Yamaha keyboard lovers.

Ask a Question