Best music sheet app for iPad (Pro)

Reaction score
I'm looking for the best music sheet app for use on iPad, with support for the Apple pencil, with the possibility to import PDF scores downloaded from the internet.
Any suggestions ?

Reaction score
Check out

Sheet Music Direct
ForScore
Piascore
Musescore
Songsterr

Some of these have free classical scores and songs that are available to download to the app.

Not sure about the Pencil as I do not have an iPad that supports one.

To import PDF you can use iBooks, I have quite a few.

Depending upon what and how you want to play TabsHD is an Ultimate Guitar app where someone has transcribed a song hence the lyrics have the chord written above the text. It is worth checking out since once the app is bought the songs are free to add to the app.

Reaction score
I'm looking for the best music sheet app for use on iPad, with support for the Apple pencil, with the possibility to import PDF scores downloaded from the internet.
Any suggestions ?

The best sheet music app by far is "MobileSheets Pro" but unfortunately is not currently available on IOS, but is being planned. It's available on Android and Windows.

Android tablets are so cheap nowadays, I have gone down that route and just use it for this one app. "MobileSheets Pro" can import PDFs and you can also "draw" over the sheet music with your finger to make comments etc.

Ask a Question