Best semi-weighted keybed

Reaction score
there not. They may have a slightly different spring pressure - but the bed is the same. Its also the same as is on the King Korg.

Reaction score
there not. They may have a slightly different spring pressure - but the bed is the same. Its also the same as is on the King Korg.
the keys on krome were very wobbly and with literally zero resistance, while on kross they weren't wobbly and had some very noticeable resistance to them

Reaction score
the keys on krome were very wobbly and with literally zero resistance, while on kross they weren't wobbly and had some very noticeable resistance to them
look, i'm not the only one who's experienced that, i've just searched in google and others also claim that the keys on both feel different, and kross comes out on top in that regard

Reaction score
Ive played Kross keys that were wobble as well. Thats just build quality issues - there not consistant. Some Kromes are not wobbly either and some Kross's are. The resistance is spring pressure. It can be the same keybed, but with different sprint tensions - and spring tension is personal preference not one better than the other.

Reaction score
Ive played Kross keys that were wobble as well. Thats just build quality issues - there not consistant. Some Kromes are not wobbly either and some Kross's are. The resistance is spring pressure. It can be the same keybed, but with different sprint tensions - and spring tension is personal preference not one better than the other.
perhaps that's true, about the quality issues, i did only play only one copy of each

Reaction score
I've noticed similar variation with the Yamaha GHS hammer action key bed. I had that on an old YPG625 for many years, felt pretty good but also felt a little loose and "clacky" which bothered me. A year ago when shopping for a new board, I tried some Yammy's. The MOFX8, with the same GHS keybed, felt about the same as my old YPG. That's a big reason I didn't buy the MOFX8! The MX88 though, a cheaper board but supposedly with the same keybed, felt much more solid and tight (in a good way). I ended up with a Roland Juno DS88. At any rate, sometimes the "same" keybed isn't the same!

Reaction score
the keys on krome were very wobbly and with literally zero resistance, while on kross they weren't wobbly and had some very noticeable resistance to them...look, i'm not the only one who's experienced that, i've just searched in google and others also claim that the keys on both feel different, and kross comes out on top in that regard
I've seen people making that comment about the 88s, but not about the 61s. You were comparing the Kross 61 to the Krome 61?

Ask a Question