Best setting for a portable grand piano

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Yamaha keyboard with a portable grand option, which I was happy with but I seemed to have changed some setting and lately it is sounding plasticky. There is no sustain and it sounds like the default MIDI piano on windows. I know a good piano sound is subjective, but I wanted to know what you think could be wrong.

Basically, I want it to sound dreamier, with more emphasis on higher octaves (right now I can hardly hear them) and also increase the sustain (either by setting it or through reverb). I do not want a harpsichord sound.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Easiest suggestion I could give you is to check your manual for how to do a Factory Reset or Initialize and just do that. Unless you've made any major modifications. Then be sure to back up the stuff you want to keep.

Otherwise if you want to simply tweak the existing piano sound, I'd say take a look at the release and resonance and equalizer and filter parameters on your keyboard if they're adjustable.

Reaction score
Most of these RESET by turning the keyboard off, then holding down the highest key, then turning the keyboard on. This should restore things to FACTORY. But make sure you have backed up anything you need to save first, because it will act just as if you took it out of the box.

Ask a Question