Best way to hook up to a Di box

Reaction score
I've gained some new equipment lately and our band is going to be playing out again in a couple weeks. I'm looking for some feedback on the best way to connect my equipment up. They've always supplied me with a Di box on the stage and I've used it to just run one mono line into and a line back to my stage monitor (a powered speaker).

Now I'm using a tube preamp, Behringer mixer and a powered speaker. I like like the preamp for it's warmer sound and I like being able to control my EQ and volume with the mixer. The mixer also gives my speaker some extra needed volume.

I was thinking of using a line from my keyboard to the preamp - out of the preamp into the mixer - line out of my mixer main output into their Di box - line out of their Di box back to my speaker. However, with these connections, I don't know if my speaker will have enough stage volume.

The instructions with my mixer seem a bit vague in this area. It has jacks for "control room" (both L R) and a "Stereo Aux Return" (both L R) left being mono and "Main Out" (both L R). All those jacks are 1/4". Could the cable from the house Di box go back to my mixer and then to the speaker?

Is there a better way?

When we reherse, I use a cable out of my keyboard - into my preamp - into my mixer channel - out of main output - into my powered speaker. That seems to give me a really good sound.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hook up your rig normally. (Use the mixer main outs for yor stage speakers.) USe the "control room " output to connect to the DI box and ensure the control room (monitor) volume is turned up for the DI fed. Don

Ask a Question