Biig latency, what's a good audio card?

Reaction score
I'm trying to record different samples with Cubase. The plan was to play a string sample first. Then record a guitar sample under it, then drums etc (using my keyboard).
The problem is that I have like 110 Ms input latency and 750! output latency.
I can't use direct sound because I don't have a audio card yet.

So what's a good (and cheap!) audio card which I can use to get my latency to an acceptable level for playing and recording (around 10 ms or so).
I've looked up cards but it doesn't really have this kind of thing in the description and the problem is that I can't order a audio card on the internet, and return it if it doesn't work.

Help please! :)

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Cubase now says my latency is about 40 ms total.
But when I play a key now no sounds comes at all (at first it did come but about a second later)

Reaction score
I can see that the sounds comes in almost directly when I'm looking at the "bars" which indicate input. But still no sound comes
I can still get sound from other programs except cubase. When I'm trying to play a song I've recorded on a different way ( using a mic to record my keyboard) it also doesn't give any sounds now.

I've noticed that when I switch to the ASIO4all driver my outputs are suddenly "not connected" and I haven't succeeded in connecting them back

Ask a Question