blind keyboardist need help with psr433 functions

Reaction score
hi users. I've had my Yamaha psr 433 for over a year now. I'm enjoying it except I'm having trouble with changing functions such as getting to transposing, etc. I know I have to use the function key but I can't seem to get it to work. I also have trouble saving files onto the memory stick and reloading. i am a keyboard player who is blind I have a gig in 3 months and I need this functions to work. please help me out

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here. Hopefully someone will be able to help you with your query!

Reaction score
Although I have no answer for your question, but I would like to spare a thought for your spirit and never-ending love for music !

All the luck for the gig :)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Each time you use the Function button and use the up/down buttons to go to a different function, the system remembers where you are in the Function menu. The next time you press the Function button, you start out at the last function you were on, rather than at the top of the Function menu. That makes it difficult to know how many times to press the up or down button to get to a specific function without looking to see which one you're starting out on.

Fortunately, there's a way to go directly to specific functions in the menu, which is to use a button that's associated with a specific function. For example, if you press and hold the Dual button it will take you directly to the Dual Volume function. You can't shortcut directly to every function this way, but you can shortcut to whichever function is nearest in the menu, then from there you can use the up/down buttons to get to the specific function you're interested in.

I'll work on putting together a list of the functions, which ones you can shortcut directly to, and which sequence of buttons will give you the shortest path to each function.

Reaction score
Each time you use the Function button and use the up/down buttons to go to a different function, the system remembers where you are in the Function menu. The next time you press the Function button, you start out at the last function you were on, rather than at the top of the Function menu. That makes it difficult to know how many times to press the up or down button to get to a specific function without looking to see which one you're starting out on.

Fortunately, there's a way to go directly to specific functions in the menu, which is to use a button that's associated with a specific function. For example, if you press and hold the Dual button it will take you directly to the Dual Volume function. You can't shortcut directly to every function this way, but you can shortcut to whichever function is nearest in the menu, then from there you can use the up/down buttons to get to the specific function you're interested in.

fI'll work on putting together a list of the functions, which ones you can shortcut directly to, and which sequence of buttons will give you the shortest path to each function.
hi users. I've had my Yamaha psr 433 for over a year now. I'm enjoying it except I'm having trouble with changing functions such as getting to transposing, etc. I know I have to use the function key but I can't seem to get it to work. I also have trouble saving files onto the memory stick and reloading. i am a keyboard player who is blind I have a gig in 3 months and I need this functions to work. please help me out
hello everyone. thank you for your lovely words of encouragements. please I would really appreciate all the help and tips I can get, to get the maximum use out of my instrument. please. I look forward to the list of functions and I thank you sincerely in advance.

Reaction score

I'll work on putting together a list of the functions, which ones you can shortcut directly to, and which sequence of buttons will give you the shortest path to each function.

greetings i don't mean to pressure you but did you manage to have a list of the function shortcuts to assist me please
hear soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question