Bluetoorh transmitter

Reaction score
I am the owner of a yamaha psr 700.
I also have headphones with bluetooth receiver.
To receive the keyboard playing sound in the headphones i insert a bluetooth transmitter to the keyboard but...the rigth hand is received with serious delay.
I don't know what causes the delay. Any ideas ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have zero experience with Bluetooth.

Well, that's not true, because I have a Bluetooth keyboard (of the QWERTY variety, not the A-A#-B-C-C#-D variety) that I use with my Windows tablet. But I have zero experience with using Bluetooth other than that.

I've read that Bluetooth has a very limited range, and can suffer from latency issues. I've definitely experienced some serious latency with my Bluetooth keyboard.

This makes me wonder why technology companies are so gung-ho on pushing everybody to buy and use Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth this, and Bluetooth that, if it suffers from such problematic issues?

That said, it seems odd that the latency is only on the right side. Did you mean the right-hand voice, or the right audio channel (right side of the headphones)?

Have you tried the Bluetooth headphones with any other devices?

Reaction score
I have zero experience with Bluetooth.

Well, that's not true, because I have a Bluetooth keyboard (of the QWERTY variety, not the A-A#-B-C-C#-D variety) that I use with my Windows tablet. But I have zero experience with using Bluetooth other than that.

I've read that Bluetooth has a very limited range, and can suffer from latency issues. I've definitely experienced some serious latency with my Bluetooth keyboard.

This makes me wonder why technology companies are so gung-ho on pushing everybody to buy and use Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth this, and Bluetooth that, if it suffers from such problematic issues?

That said, it seems odd that the latency is only on the right side. Did you mean the right-hand voice, or the right audio channel (right side of the headphones)?

Have you tried the Bluetooth headphones with any other devices?
Thanks for your reply.
I mean the right hsnd voice

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, i mean right hand voice.
Have no other bleutooth hardware.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that Bluetooth is notorious for having bad latency. Search for "Bluetooth audio latency" on the web and you'll see what I mean.

That's why I said I don't understand why companies are pushing Bluetooth-- as if it were the greatest thing ever, even though it has bad latency issues.

The thing is, sometimes latency doesn't really matter-- such as if you're playing recorded music and listening to it with your Bluetooth headphones. Even if there were an outrageous delay of 3 seconds before the audio reached your ears (which is a huge exaggeration for the purpose of making a point), you wouldn't really be able to tell that there's a delay while you're actively listening to the recording-- unless you stopped the recording and noticed that the music kept playing for 3 seconds after you had stopped it.

On the other hand, if you're watching TV and listening to the audio over Bluetooth headphones, you might notice a small and annoying discrepancy between the movement of people's lips and the words coming out of their mouths due to the audio being very slightly delayed.

And if you're playing a keyboard and listening to the keyboard over Bluetooth headphones, you'll notice a delay between when you hit the keys and when you hear the sound of the notes, which will make it extremely difficult for you to keep your timing as you're playing.

If you're using Bluetooth to send the audio to the computer and record it, the delay won't matter as long as you're listening to the sound that's coming out of the keyboard rather than the sound that's being received from some Bluetooth device (such as your Bluetooth headphones). And when you play back the recording you won't have any way to tell that there was a delay between when you had played the notes and when the sound of the notes got recorded.

tjw

Reaction score
I don't understand why the latency is so difficult to overcome. It's not inherently caused by the standards. Perhaps it just has to do with the price point of the products and the selection of component devices.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/buying-wireless-headphones-here-are-6-things-you-need-to-know/

This article says that "AAC" (whatever that is) has low latencies.

I'm going to read up on this to see what it's about (in my copious free time)....

Ask a Question