Bluetooth dongle for headphones

Reaction score
I would like to buy some wireless bluetooth speakers to use with my keyboards. The reason for this is because the cable from my current headphones is always bothering me, it's always in the way and very annoying.

Can you recommend any good bluetooth headphones and a good quality BT dongle that works with the aforementioned headphones and that I can plug into the board directly or into the phones out jack of a mixer.

Thanks !

Reaction score
Any other wireless technology I could consider, or just buy an extension cable for my headphones ?

Edit : APTX Bluetooth protocols seem to solve the latency problem, will look into that...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm laughing so hard that every muscle in my body hurts... :p
tumblr_py1312RpRk1ual3guo1_540.png

Reaction score
I concur with Biggles. I've bought myself a lovely set of Bose wireless headphones. One of the intended uses was with Hauptwerks. For the uninitiated Hauptwerks does a lovely set of sampled theatre organ and church organs. Upshot is although the headphones sound tremendous due to latency it almost unplayable. I've had to go back to hardwired. Blue tooth might be good but its not good enough.

Reaction score
Blue tooth might be good but its not good enough.

I guess I'll have to settle for wired...
Still, if Bluetooth causes so much latency, it boggles the mind why entry level keyboards use it for either audio (Casio PX-S1000 for example) or both MIDI and audio (Kawai ES110).

Reaction score
Blue does work and at entry level it might work. Probably stop kids strangling themselves on leads etc. For anything above entry level its a no no. I found the latency too awkward to use and I don't consider myself top level organist/ keyboard player by any means.
In the Casio advert the young lady playing the piano clearly has phones with a lead. The advert goes on to say streaming music from your phone through the Casio keyboard. Would be good if it worked.

Reaction score
I ran into cats in their woodshed with a Fender Rhodes or Wurlitzer or similar keyboard using one of these small personal monitors small enough to sit on top of the keyboard. I got one and real handy for keyboard or I even use it with my laptop for better sound than tiny laptop speakers. They even have a connector to mount on a mic stand. Behringer and Mackie make monitors like this Mackie being more expensive.

Reaction score
Nice, but what does this have to do with headphones ? ;)

Back on topic : the reason I was looking for BT headphones is because with my headphones, whenever something touches the cord, it resonates in my headphones and that irritates me. I guess that's something you can't avoid with wired headphones...

Reaction score
As long as you can take them back if they don't work, here's a suggestion. I got my husband some Bose Bluetooth Soundlink headphones for Christmas last year, and I got an Aluratek Bluetooth Universal Audio Transmitter to connect to his old amplifier. When we connected it to the RCA port it was just horrible. Then we tried the amp's headphone jack -- perfect. I would think the principle is the same for a keyboard -- at least, it's worth a try. The transmitter we got is model ABT01F, and it was only about $40-50. Good luck!

Ask a Question