Boot-up time for Roland FP-90?

Reaction score
I am considering the Roland FP-90 and was wondering if anyone that has one or has had a chance to try one could comment on how long it takes to turn on.

How long does it take from the moment you press the power button to the moment you can press a key and hear sound from the speakers?

I haven't been able to find a store locally that has one to try out. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
I just bought the FP-90. It plays like a dream. The boot-up time is ridiculously short. Like two seconds.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I'm at the other extreme in boot up times. I use an UPS and turn it on while connecting the rest of my gear.

A long boot up time can be worked around.

Reaction score
The UPS is a great idea! Are you commenting specifically about the Roland FP-90 or just on keyboards with long boot-up times in general? I have a Yamaha PSR-S950 that takes what seems like forever to turn on.

Reaction score
Ha! I also own a PSR-S970 - which takes just a little less time than the S950. I remember when I owned a previous PSR that had a lengthy boot time. I was in a talent showcase, and I was able to set up my keyboard behind a curtain, and when I left the stage, somehow it turned off. When I went to my keyboard and the curtain lifted for my 10 minutes of fame, I had to turn on and wait in front of the audience for an excruciating 2 minutes for the keyboard to boot up and for me get into the right registration. If this ever happens to you, smile and dance around. Don't let them see you freak out.

Ask a Question