Boston BFS-40 Sustain Pedal changes volume instead of sustaining?

Reaction score
I recently bought an electric piano (vidaXL E-Piano) along with a sustain pedal. Today, I tried plugging the pedal in, though, when I used it, all it did was change the volume of the notes. Is the pedal not meant for sustaining?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First check you have the pedal plugged in the right socket.

Secondly, check your keyboard settings to see if it's an assignable jack and whether it's set to sustain, or volume or modulation or whatever options your keyboard offers.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
First check you have the pedal plugged in the right socket.

Secondly, check your keyboard settings to see if it's an assignable jack and whether it's set to sustain, or volume or modulation or whatever options your keyboard offers.

Gary ;)
My keyboard doesn't seem to have any settings concerning the pedal. I plugged it into the SUS PEDAL input, but nothing changed. The volume's unfortunately still the only thing that gets adjusted

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well I've never heard of a Vida XL before, but I assume it's a cheap, chinese keyboard. (61 or 88 keys?) (Some people are fast and loose with the term "piano."

It may well be an inherent manufacturer's defect in design.

All I can say is you got what you paid for.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question