Broken portamento

Reaction score
I own a kurzweil k2600 and everything works fine except that when I go into program edited mode and hit mono portamento is enabled even thought it says off. I have turn the portamento off and on again and updated to the latest system version. How do I turn it off?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It may be a bug in the firmware. Fortunately, Kurzweil's bootloaders allow you to roll back firmware. Just reinstall your old firmware.

Gary ;)

Btw, is there any sort of write protect on the program you are trying to modify?

Factory voices may be write protected.

Reaction score
It may be a bug in the firmware. Fortunately, Kurzweil's bootloaders allow you to roll back firmware. Just reinstall your old firmware.

Gary ;)

Btw, is there any sort of write protect on the program you are trying to modify?

Factory voices may be write protected.
No. None of the programs are write protected in fact some of the factory presets have portamento turned off and the programs still use it

Reaction score
What about after a factory reset?
I just did a factory reset it's still not working. The odd thing is that portamento is only being applied to certain keys when it is turned off. When I did a factory reset It did not uninstall the updated firmware

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No.. You have to download a legacy firmware and install over it IF allowed by the version.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check their website. Kurzweil has EXCELLENT legacy support. In fact, fire off a question at tech support.

They may be able to solve your problem.

Given the holiday season, expect to wait one to three weeks for a reply.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Check their website. Kurzweil has EXCELLENT legacy support. In fact, fire off a question at tech support.

They may be able to solve your problem.

Given the holiday season, expect to wait one to three weeks for a reply.

Gary ;)
Thanks for the help. I'll go message customer service

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
For serious support and downloads and more on VAST and Kurzweil visit:

It's very tightly moderated so registration is a must.

Ask a Question