Broken sustain Pedal on Kurzweil Mark 5 Ensemble Grand Digital Piano

Reaction score
My sustain pedal is cracked on the bottom, and I have looked everywhere for a replacement or someone to fix. I found asite called instrumentalparts that shows one for $279, which is a lot but they also do not have. Just wondering if anyone had come up with an alternative to this? Does not have a sustain pedal jack, this one is on a ribbon that attaches the 3 pedal assembly.

Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I use one of these pedals with my Kurzweil PC3K8

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-SP-Triple-Electronic-Sostenuto-Functions/dp/B01877I1YY

61M2ZOhP6nL._SL1500_.jpg

It works splendidly with my Kurzweil, but my keyboard has three independent 1/4" switch pedal jacks.

It may be possible however to kludge a cable or adapter to use this with your Kurzweil Mark 5.

It shouldn't take much more than basic electronics skills to wire up an adapter cable, but if you don't personally feel up to the task you could always contract a service tech to do the job for you.

It's simply a matter of tracing back the open and closed resistance in Ohms of each cable of the ribbon for when each switch is depressed and then translating that electrically to a short adapter cable that mates up with the pedals as well as the keyboard rribbon connector.

One caveat, however, the pedal I listed does not do half damping.

If that is a feature of the Mark 5 pedal you may have to learn to live without it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, thought about modifying a pedal, a Roland RPU-3 pedal was listed for $90 on my local Craigslist, also a (3) 1/4 inch unit, Might pickup the Roland and try modifying it

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Roland and Yamaha pedals WILL NOT WORK with Kurzweils!!!

They are opposite polarity.

The M-Audios are universal with switchable polarity.

Any Universal pedal will do.

Or a Casio or Korg will also work though not universal.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Got it, and this one is actually cheaper than the used Roland on Craigslist, will give it a shot. Thank you!

Reaction score
Hello. I purchased a used kurzweil mark 5 . It's 10 yrs old. Sustain pedal doesn't work. The middle pedal is sustaining! Is this incorrect?

Ask a Question