Buying advice keyscape vs pianoteq?

Reaction score
Hi there,
reading up on good piano/keyboard vsts, pianoteq and keyscape seem to be the ones outstanding.

now please correct me if i am wrong, from what i read online, i gather that:

- pianoteq is marginally better when it comes to sounding like a true acoustic piano (plus it doesnt require as much diskspace)
- keyscape is (by far?) better when it comes to electric pianos (wurlitzer, rhodes etc etc)

is that correct?

and then again, given the prices - is pianoteq the better overall option?

Reaction score
As Pianoteq has free trial versions that is probably the best place to start.

If you like what you hear all the better.

I did note on their website that you can buy individual instruments so that may be your better option.

Keyscape did have trial versions at one time but after a quick search I could not find if they still do.

Reaction score
There are numerous good piano VSTs, and little agreement about which is best. I lot of people love Pianoteq, a lot of people don't. A common knock from the people who don't care for it is that, while they agree with those who say that it plays more naturally than others, they think it doesn't sound quite as authentic. In that case, even "better" or "worse" depends on what criteria you use. As Biggles said, you can download a free demo and try it for yourself. In the end, yours is the only opinion that matters.

As for others, some popular choices you haven't mentioned include Garritan CFX, Synthology Ivory, XLN Addictive Keys, Vienna Imperial, Ravenscroft 275, and some stuff from Native Instruments. And then electric pianos are a whole other question.

Ask a Question