Buying help: MIDI controller keyboard

Reaction score
Hello,
I want to buy a small 25 key MIDI USB controller keyboard for music making just for hobby like remixing. Please recommend me the choices and the place where to buy it in India. my budget is around $170. I want to use this keyboard with Fruity loops.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
LOL, same question, new thread huh happyrat1!!!!
@vickylahkarbytes welcome man, im just like u but i wanna take music production more seriously so im buying a midi keyboard with 49 keys. But as a hobby u said rite?? the best 25 midi key boards would be bewteen:
1-novation launchkey 25- novation is a really good company and with this one u get 16 PADS that light up (looks ****ing A!!)
2-samson graphite 25- pretty good, got some cool features like after touch, but the show stealer is the software Komplete elements (over 1000 sounds with 3GB samples which would put back for 5000 to 7000 rupees hands own!)

Dude im Canadian but i live in india and i would recommend to buy from a site called rajmusical, their awesome and have good service. You can go for snapdeal but make sure the seller has a rating ABOVE 3.5 otherwise, i wouldn't recommend snapdeal (their good but the service depends on the seller)

Reaction score
ok. thank you. i have thought a lot on this. i will also go for samson graphite 49 keys: reason being i will be missing playing with both the hands. its only Rs5000 more than the samson 25 keys.
i will look into rajmusical website. how is the bajaoo website?
thanks again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
dude would recommend the novation launchkey 49 if it is available, dont really know about bajaoo. Dude stick with rajmusical. BTW graphite 49 is awesome, (played the demo at a big music store) :) but the novation pawns it with 16 multi colored pads!!

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, i will stick with rajmusicals.
The nova model is a bit costly for me. I will stick to the samson graphite. Ok one more querry, any customer service for the samson in india? I also see people dont tend to go for the casio midi keyboards. Why is it so? It has got a good customer service in india.

Reaction score
I found out some info.
There is a M/s Rivera Digitech Mumbai who are also the sole importer of Roland, Zoom, Samson etc to India. If you are close to Mumbai, you can get it there at a cheaper rate.

Reaction score
nha dude i live in pondicherry thats WAYY to far from where i live. The thing about casio is it is well know here infact its the ONLY one they know. Ask anyone how samson is inferior to novation and they will be clueless just by the brands!! :p so casio is well know in india, but buying a midi keyboard is from casio is a big mistake. so stick with rajmmusical. But since ur near mumbai and u have a guy that imports and sells for cheap go ahead buy it!

Reaction score
nice how is it?? i am still confused between the nova and the samson still!! i even made a separate forum for that problem! Please tell me how is the graphite 49!!

Reaction score
nice how is it?? i am still confused between the nova and the samson still!! i even made a separate forum for that problem! Please tell me how is the graphite 49!!
Graphit 49 is good. the item I received from ebay was shipped perfectly. i am not much of a electronic freak. therefore, the entire setup now seems a bit complex to me. i am trying it with fruity loops 10 first and then will proceed with komplete elements. i havent tried nova. but i came to know that a similar keyboard with similar specifications from akai costs Rs 29K, so, i think for Rs 15.9K this is real bargain.

Ask a Question