buying my first amp!!

Reaction score
i wanna get an amp that you can here over drums but isnt real expensive (like everyone does) what should i get?

Reaction score
Okay... what type of group? What kind of music? What's your budget range ($150 will get you NOTHING)? What keyboard are you amplifying?

Reaction score
Also, go on musicians friend. Click on keyboard amps and SEE what kind of amps are even for sale. Why not do some research and find out make/models and whatnot before simply asking "what amp do I need." See when you say not too expensive, and loud enough to be heard over drums, I would say Traynor K4. The Traynor K4 is something like $800. For you that'd be expensive. For me, that'd be a budget amp, because anything else and I'd be buying either two powered speakers (JBL eons, or EV) or passive speakers and an amp (QSC power amp and two accugroove tri-112). This would run up to $1500-2500. So yeah.

By the way, I'm a little frustrated over other situations. I think I might have taken out some of the anger on this post. I apologize. But seriously... do some research for yourself. Read product reviews. Find what's out there. Simply posting on a forum "what amp is best" I'm sorry, is just friggen lazy.

Ask a Question