Buying secondhand keyboard 250€-300€

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first thread and first post here. I have stopped playing keyboard for many years and now I want to start again and buy a new secondhand keyboard. I have searched for second hand keyboards in Greeceand I found some in the price range that I can afford. The problem is that I don't have the knowledge about which is better. Well the models and the lowest prices are the folloing:

yamaha psr 450 250€
yamaha prs e403 250€
yamaha psr740 250€
Farfisa TK79 350€
PSR-Ε423 300€
yamaha psr 540 250€ (sold)

I can reduce the price of some from 20 to 40 eyros (€)

Which is better do you think?

1€ = almost 1$

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for the replay Mr DickR. I communicated with the people that sell that. 540 sold and the psr 740 is more than 12 years old and has problem with the connection with power adapter as the owener told me or with power supply, I can fix it but if there is bigger problem I will cry my money, also the power supply costas more than 20 euros . So maybe I can buy it 200 to 220 euros.

I communicated also with the owener of the psr 450, it is 2 years old and I think that I can buy it 210 euros, also from our discusion I understood that the keyboard isn't too used.

Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
The 740 is/was a very good keyboard but I would NOT buy anything that old if it has a problem to begin with. Why buying trouble? You will have difficulties to find spare parts if needed.
All the models you've mentioned are older models but why don't you have a look at a new one. Depending on budget of course but If you don't go for the cheapest models you are able to record and playback the 'performance' on the keyboard itself and a lot more.
I have nothing to do with any factory but obvious I am a Yamaha fan and have been working and playing them for many years. They do have the largest choice in keyboards and digital piano’s from cheap to very expensive.
If you want to compare models and their possibilities you can go to:
www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.php and download the manuals.
You can also see when the other models on your list came onto the market.
Find a good dealer and have the various models in your pricerange demonstrated, that is the best advice I can give. Again, depending on budget, you get what you pay for. But within your budget there are various NEW beginners models. Problem is however that when you really like to play you outgrow them quickly.

If you still want to go for the PSR 423, it is a very good starter keyboards and is a ‘basic’ arranger keyboard, you can load and ‘tweak’ external styles etc.
But ONLY if it is in good working order!

Happy hunting!

DickR

Ask a Question