Buying used keyboards/craigslist

Reaction score
I have discovered craigslist.org and seen some Incredible deals. I am really tempted by things like a Juno G for $600. I mean the crazy temptation is to buy the thing and then sell my current keybd (a new MM6 that I bought for $600 in November ) on craigslist.

Well I figure there has to be a catch. The people always write that this is "a new unit that I just bought a month ago. It was hardly (or NEVER) used. It just sat in the box."

Frankly it's hard for me to believe someone would buy an expensive musical instrument and then just hardly or never use it.

Is it too good to be true? What's the catch? Do you think these people are just lying?

Reaction score
hi Laura,

I know some people over on a couple of other forums that have bought from craigslist...some of them have been really happy and a few have not....thats about all i know....I've never bought anything there.....but the prices do seem interesting....but if you think about it, I've heard horror stories about ebay purchases too.....

Reaction score
it is hard to say.....
some people are honest and some arent......
jus like in reall life...
u jus have 2 use ur best judgement...

i got mi keyboard frum craigslist (roland fantom-s) nd i am very satisfied

Reaction score
I have discovered craigslist.org and seen some Incredible deals. I am really tempted by things like a Juno G for $600. I mean the crazy temptation is to buy the thing and then sell my current keybd (a new MM6 that I bought for $600 in November ) on craigslist.

Well I figure there has to be a catch. The people always write that this is "a new unit that I just bought a month ago. It was hardly (or NEVER) used. It just sat in the box."

Frankly it's hard for me to believe someone would buy an expensive musical instrument and then just hardly or never use it.

Is it too good to be true? What's the catch? Do you think these people are just lying?

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
One advantage of Craigslist over eBay is that you should be able to try out the keyboard before handing over your hard earned cash. On the other hand, you will be in someone else's house, and that may or may not give you pause.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Considering this thread is almost a decade old I won't address the Craigslist question, however, as to the Juno G, I own a Juno DS61 and it kicks ass.

Very playable, tweakable and nicely laid out as a performance synth.

Definitely worth a look if you see one up for grabs.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Recently I saw a PSR S750 on gumtree for just $700. (Less than half price of a new one). The ad said unit is new and rarely played. Selling due to ill health.
I messaged the seller to get more info.
Does it come with adaptor and manual?
Reply says No.
This tells me the KB is hot. I did not take up on the offer.
So anyone buying second hand and sees a "good deal" . . Just be very careful.
Ray

Ask a Question