Cabling & connecting up MIDI rack modules via a patchbay - ideas please?

Reaction score
Please can I ask for some help in cabling up and connecting a number of MIDI rack mount modules (JV1080, EMU Classic keys, etc. ) with 2 x MIDI controller keyboards (1 x FATAR 88 note Studio900 MIDI Master keyboard with weighted keys) and an M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI keyboard controller respectively)

Have a 24-way jack to jack patch-bay so would very much like to ask how best to cable up the 2 x keyboards with the MIDI modules,m but also the outputs (left & Right jack outs) to the patchbay and thence to some mixer /power amp comination then out to speakers

Please can someone who has done this many times give me a few hints and tips on connectivity and best approach please?

Many thanks WelshPhil

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I can't really advise you on connecting up the whole setup but I do own an Oxygen 49 and it's pretty much useless for what you plan to do.

It lacks any sort of MIDI ports and is only usable routed thru a computer using USB.

Otherwise I'd say you could always route the Fatar to both the EMU and the Roland with a MIDI daisy chain and control each device on a separate channel for splits and layers.

Either that or else replace the Oxygen with something more substantial with real MIDI ports like an Akai or another Fatar.

Or else if it doesn't have to be roadworthy, you could always patch it thru a computer and use MIDI routing software to control one or both of the modules.

Gary

Ask a Question