can any Casio synth expert solve my problem?

Reaction score
This may sound odd but i work a lot and after all these years, i am still not familiar with midi and its uses...
My question is....i have owned a Casio MZ2000 for a while now and i mainly liked making music tracks live time and liked using the floppy drive to save all my songs made on. Now i have 3 cases (Small floppy disk cases) of disks full of music. Although it is so easy to use and has built in speakers and more advanced and has 16 track sequencer, i am getting tired of this synth but feel stuck. I love my saved songs, but how will i access them if i decide to sell my synth workstation? Is there a disk reader or any way to access my saved Casio MZ2000 songs so i am not stuck with the Casio forever? Is there any software or something where you can mass transport each floppy disk music data so it will not be lost forever. I dont plan on buying more Casio synths....but i need a module or something to access all my saved songs. I did transfer some songs via line out of Casio and into my computer via Composite connection then made files into mp3 format.
Can you help with advice on how to access my saved song data after selling my Casio? I would like to find a way to access the high quality disk files to edit and add to the old songs without having to completely re write each and every song contained on all the disks.....thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I assume your perceived problem is the lack of a floppy drive on your PC?

If so, quick fix is to buy a Teac USB Floppy Drive like this one and xfer all your files over to other media.

http://www.amazon.com/1-44MB-USB-Ex...d=1353932691&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+floppy+drive

As far as SMF formatted files go, I don't believe Casio has made any major changes over the years but offhand I really couldn't say one way or the other.

All the same, my advice is to try picking up a cheap USB Floppy Drive and use it to transfer the files to your PC and then you can look around for file conversion utilities if necessary.

Ask a Question