Can anybody answer my strange question?

Reaction score
Here's the deal, my friend is majoring in Computer Science and he wants a ergonomic or mechanical keyboard with at least 2 layers.
In addition, he wants to know if he can assign these key symbols: ()[]<>/! with the Shift key (on layer 2) into one key. Is this possible?
I don't know if this is possible but then again the lack of knowledge about keyboards and modifying layout is zero...
That's the main question (strange Q). Now the second question is what kind of keyboard would you recommend with at least 2 layers, budget friendly, remapping keys such as Caps Lock, Shift, Ctrl, Alt, etc. and it must be Cherry MX (Clear) key switches.

He was leaning towards the Code keyboard Cherry MX (Clear) but couldn't find information about layers. Did search up ErgoDox EZ keyboards, I believe he is learning towards that. But any information given will be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a keyboard forum, as in these kind of keyboards

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 58
Reaction score
What keyboard is best for you?

JunoDS.jpg

Possibly this but try as I may on the keyoard I have Ctrl Alt Del does sweet FA to improve my playing skills.

Can you help?

Ask a Question