Can anyone help with what sound is being used here. Nole Gallagher

Reaction score

59 seconds in. the off beat chord. One of the notes is a D but not quite sure of the chord or sound used.

thanks
Kev

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you talking about 0:59 seconds into the video, or 0:59 seconds after Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds actually begin to play? It looks like 0:59 into the video is right about the time that the band actually begins to play, and I can't really hear a chord being played yet.

One possibility might be to rip the audio for the video to your computer, then play the audio in some sort of chord-detecting program to see what it says. That won't help you identify the type of sound being used, but it might at least give you an idea of what the chord is.

Reaction score
Are you talking about 0:59 seconds into the video, or 0:59 seconds after Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds actually begin to play? It looks like 0:59 into the video is right about the time that the band actually begins to play, and I can't really hear a chord being played yet.

One possibility might be to rip the audio for the video to your computer, then play the audio in some sort of chord-detecting program to see what it says. That won't help you identify the type of sound being used, but it might at least give you an idea of what the chord is.

59 seconds into video. Didn't know you could get chord detector software easily. I will look. What a good idea. Thanks.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure how accurate chord detection is, especially with anything other than simple chords. But I know that you can view an audio recording in a frequency analyzer window to see what frequencies are detected, and you can translate the dominant frequencies into their corresponding notes. Yamaha has an iPad app called Chord Tracker, although I've never used it. And there is at least one website-- Chordify-- that will analyze audio for you and display the chords it's detected.

Ask a Question