Can anyone help?

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a set with strings with a piano sound.

I want sets 1, 2, 3, and 4 to have the same string voices in uppers 1 and 2. Same volume levels too.

I want to put the piano voice in upper 3 at varying volume levels from set 1 to set 4.

Simple enough I thought.

But only two of the sets have sound for upper piano voice, the other two don't.

What am I doing wrong, can anyone advise please?

I've checked everything that I've done, and can see nothing wrong. Dammit!

John.

Reaction score
It will help you to get a meaningful response if you let us know the make and model of keyboard that you are referring to!

Reaction score
John

I will try to help but it has been nearly two years since I had my Pa and the old grey matter is getting a bit forgetful on the ins and outs of the Korg OS.

Firstly, is your OS up to date, do check what its version is and what is the latest.

Back up your Pa and also create a Save All file via Media > Save …… select All ….. OK. Save these files to your USB memory stick.

Now back to your problem.

Styles are protected from being changed and that goes with the Keyboard Sets associated with the Style.

You can turn off protection in the Global memory, sadly I cannot remember precisely where its located but the manual will tell you.

If I remember correctly I preferred to copy the Style to a user location, and with it saved there a tap on the LCD screen on the applicable sound will enable it to be edited by changing it to another voice etc, then save the changes. I then worked my way through the 1 ,2, 3 etc sets, Pads etc and saved after each change. Then the User stored Style was good to go next time I wanted it

On the LCD in the top right position there is a drop down menu selection box, this is where you access the save dialogue.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply to my problem Biggles, and sorry about my late reaction - I've been away for a day or two.
I will look into your suggestions.

What I did to get around the problem was to transfer Upper 1 to upper 2, upper 2 to upper 3, and replaced upper 1 with the piano voice that I'd tried to use in upper 3.
And it worked! But I will still have to find out why it didn't work originally.
Cheers,
John.

Ask a Question