Can anyone identify this keyboard? (Sparklehorse)

Reaction score
Hey.

I was hoping someone could help me identify this keyboard from Sparklehorse’s live SPIN session in 2007.

Thanks in advance!
6B441D4B-9A8A-4A66-AC2A-158A77543052.png

Attachments

• FBE52FA3-A461-4F88-AAA2-BC1EA21FA2CC.png
    FBE52FA3-A461-4F88-AAA2-BC1EA21FA2CC.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 160
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. That is a Yamaha Motif. Don aka B3

Thanks a lot Don! Would you be able to make an educated guess at what model this is or failing that what models would you recommend? Appreciate the quick response!

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Don! Would you be able to make an educated guess at what model this is or failing that what models would you recommend? Appreciate the quick response!

As noted, it is a Yamaha (brand) Motif (Model) series keyboard with 61 keys. It would either be an original Motif 6 , or Motif ES6 , however the Motif line is no longer produced. I think the last model released was the MOXF which was in production to about 2016, and the MOXF came as MOXF8 (88 balanced keys) and the MOXF6 (61 synth action) keys. I gig with one MOXF8 and one MOXF6 as I think they are a good sounding and playing lower cost investment. I note that used keyboards are not for everyone. Yamaha has a new line of keyboards, Model MODX which replaced the long running Motifs, and you might look at those new boards in a local dealership. Buying a keyboard is such a personal experience that I would encourage to look around and see what you personally like. I have owned models from many different companies over the years and they all served me pretty well. Good luck in your quest, and Merry Christmas! Don aka B3

Ask a Question