Can I Convert My Keyboard Audio Output To A Bluetooth Stream?

Reaction score
I have the Yamaha MX61 and I want to figure out how to send it's output sound to Bluetooth speakers. There must be a way, a simple adapter/device. Ideas?

Reaction score
Yamaha have Bluetooth adaptors.

The question is do they transmit in the direction you seek, a search on the Yamaha site will give you the answer.

Reaction score
They make mono bluetooth wireless systems for guitarists (my guitar player uses one). If you can live with mono, that should work for your purpose. Search on the big box music stores and Amazon for "bluetooth wireless for guitar".

Reaction score
Bluetooth has some serious latency issues..... I've tried to blutooth over to a little "boombox" and the delay is pretty horrible. Theres some cheap wireless stuff out there.. might be a better choice.... (I had asked why they didnt do more blutooth with hearing aids, and was told it was because of the delay... )

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're right about the latency. There's almost a full second's delay when I stream my keyboard to my computer via Bluetooth.

Impossible for playing but OK for recording from a MIDI stream.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Apparently RF wireless doesn't have the latency that Bluetooth does. Makes me wonder what all the fascination with Bluetooth is. Seems kind of scammy to me.

Reaction score
Apparently RF wireless doesn't have the latency that Bluetooth does. Makes me wonder what all the fascination with Bluetooth is. Seems kind of scammy to me.

Do you have any RF recommendations that do the job but are on the lower price end?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have no experience with using either Bluetooth or RF wireless speakers, so I can't recommend any specific brands or models. I was going by what I've seen others say. And when I tried searching for an RF adapter and speakers, it seemed to be unusually difficult to find much due to the overwhelming flood of Bluetooth, coupled with product descriptions that just said "wireless" without specifying whether the product used Bluetooth (which it usually did) or RF.

Ask a Question