Can I record my song on the PSR-S700 as a Midi file?

Reaction score
Could you pls help me?

I tried to read the manual of the PSR-S700, but it seems that you can only record your song as an audio file. I guess it will be recorded as a Wav file.

What I want is to record the song as a Midi file, so that I can edit it in my computer DAW.

Can I do that?

My sincere thanks,

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I've never used a PSR-S700, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to record your songs as MIDI data. In fact, looking at the manual it looks as though the option to record a song in audio format is available on the PSR-S900 but not on the PSR-S700. When you record a song using the keyboard's song-recording features, it should save the song's data in MIDI format (unless you're using the PSR-S900's option to save it as an audio file), and when you're finished recording the tracks you should be able to save the song data to a MIDI file that can be loaded into a DAW for further editing.

Edit: I haven't studied the manual in detail yet, so I'm not sure if you even need to use a separate operation to save the song as a file-- the keyboard might already save it as a MIDI file while you're recording it. But I know that on the PSR-E443 and similar models the user song data is stored in memory in MIDI format, not as a separate file, and you must use a function to "convert" the recorded data to a separate MIDI file.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just plug the keyboard into your computer with a USB MIDI interface and save it directly into your DAW software as a MIDI file. Easy peasy.

Do a youtube search on "DAW MIDI recording tutorial" and you'll find dozens of examples of how to do this. Just insert the name of your particular DAW for step by step instructions.

Gary

Ask a Question