Can you recommend what keyboard(s) to buy for Zappa tribute band?

Reaction score
Hello -

I recently lost my Ensoniq TS-12. Bought it used in 2000 and it was my main synth/keyboard since then.
I used it for many different kinds of gigs, mostly for its piano sound and also for its nice analog synth patches. I'm not sure if there's something out there that exists that could everything the ts12 and have 88 keys. (ts12 only had 78 and I now want 88)

I know I might need to buy 1 or 2 keyboards in order to get all the sounds I want. I need to have a great piano sound and also be able to play great synth leads, synth horns, and maybe even a decent organ sound and/or clav sound.
My budget is around $2000 - $3000,
My first priority is the piano sound, which needs to be on 88 weighted keys and sound very piano like.

my next priority is the synth sound. I play in a Frank Zappa tribute band, and need to have good synth sounds, including moog-type, analog synth horn patches, etc. etcl.
I've thought about the Voyager which would be great, but it might not give me all I need. unless i get that and also a good electronic keyboard with great piano sounds and some other synth sounds.
any recommendations?
i haven't been in the keyboard shopping world since 2000, and I really don't know much about the current keyboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

jordan

Ask a Question